It's that time of year again! Knott's Scary Farm is open now selected nights through Halloween. I can't believe it has been around for over 40 years! I was invited to attend the opening night and I think Knott's Scary Farm is the perfect place for a date night with your spouse. Why? Well let me give you these reasons plus tips below on how to make the most out of your night!
1. Leader Role
Your spouse can take on a leadership role at Knott's Scary Farm. He will be the first to go into the mazes shielding you from any monster danger! In the Paranormal Inc Maze you are visiting the haunted hospital of Hayden Hill. Spirits of murdered victims haunt the halls as evil doctors and nurses are looking for new patients to torture. You will both love this maze with the feeling of being in that hospital scared of what is coming up in the next room. Your spouse will lead you through the dark hallways and oh the room where all you see is the red light! Watch the video to see some awesome parts of the maze! This by far is one of my favorites! This is a long line.
2. Hiding behind husband
Yes the place we feel safe is in our husbands arms burrowing our heads in their shoulder not wanting to see what comes next. Now most people hate the dentist and the sounds of the drill really get to you. Hearing the kids laughter and talking to you is so creepy! There is a part where you can't see anything and feel your way out. All you feel is the fur running through your fingers trying to find the way to the next room. I was going to cry! It was great. Let your husband be your shield to protect you from the evil tooth fairy. This is a long line.
Killing zombies takes teamwork. You and your spouse will be communicating where the zombies are and watching over each other's back to complete the mission. If you are scared or nervous to go to Knott's Scary Farm this is the perfect place to start. The adrenaline rush you get from this maze will help you get over your nerves of monsters.
After taking on the zombies show your spouse how brave you are now by being the leader and not hiding behind him. Now you can take on the other mazes! I am going to start from favorite!
- Red Barn - This scared me!!!! A lot! It wasn't the masks/makeup on the monster faces. Well to think of it there wasn't any monsters in this place. The farmers were the scariest. How they walked and talked and whispered in your ear how they want your human flesh. That was scary!!! For those that know me know that I am scared of chickens. Long story if we ever meet ask me, so maybe that has something to do with it, but everyone I talked to this maze was one of their favorites. This one is a long line.
- Shadow Lands - When I first heard about this maze I will be honest I was thinking meh, but the first minute in the maze I was impressed. The scenery was awesome and the girl in the hallways was one of my favorite scenes at Knott's Scary Farm. Check out the video to see. Note that the screaming in the video is not just of mine. This is a long line.
- The Gunslinger's Grave: A Blood Moon Rises - I was surprised to see that there was hardly any wait for this maze. This year it has been improved tremendously from previous years. The wolf coming out from the sides, tops, and underneath you are a good scare. The interaction with the actors was really good. I was very impressed with this year. Again not a long line.
- The Dead of Winter: Wendigo's Revenge - You know when you are kid going through a fun house at the carnival and getting lost in the mirror maze? The panic I got from through there and anticipation for what is going to jump out at you was really good. I had to hold my partners hand and wanted to sacrifice them and hide behind. Not a long line.
Trick or Treat - This maze has always been one of my favorites and I am never disappointed. You have Halloween without Trick or Treat! I am always amazed by the witch and kind of secretly want to touch her face. I wish the maze was longer and slower placed. I always feel rush going through there.
Voodoo - Order of the Serpent - this year I was really excited about Voodoo. If you have seen my previous videos you will hear me screaming bloody murder as I get surprised by a monster coming out of the fog. This year either too crowded or not enough fog to get that eerie feeling. This was a long line.
It is fun to be talking about everything on your drive home. You don't want to be tired midway through the night so here are my suggestions to keep you going and moving through Knott's Scary Farm and making the most out of your date night:
- Get a Fright Lane Pass - Yes you don't want to be standing around waiting to get into the maze with the fright lane pass you almost go right through without waiting. This is important if you plan on doing everything in one night. Look I had the Fright Lane Pass and still didn't get to do it all! Get it! Which also includes the Skeleton Key which takes me to number two.
- Skeleton Key Rooms - Do these first! People are going to be wanting to do the mazes first before they do the Skeleton Key rooms also people are probably going to go through to Ghost Town instead of hanging right which will have less crowds. I will go through the Skeleton Rooms with you! They are freaking awesome!!!!! So think about it the Skeleton Room keys are for groups six or less doing an activity, watching, or running in some cases.
- Are you scared? Like really scared and nervous to go to Scary Farm? Then go to Special Ops Infected first. This will get you pumped for the rest of your night. Not too scared and nervous take my advice from number four.
- When you enter go to the right! Everyone goes through Ghost Town so avoid the crowds and head right into Camp Snoopy where you will find Gunslinger's Grave Maze and two of the Skeleton Rooms:
- Prey - This was my FAVORITE Skeleton Room! Much like Red Barn! You are in a group of six or less introduced to a farmer who will show you his mutant beast. He will like to play a game with you. You get a thirty second head start in the hay maze before he will release his mutant beast on you. You get a faulty lantern that will help "guide" you or scare the crap out of you when it goes dark and you can't find your way out. I was sweating!!!!
- Slasher - It's flashback time to the 80's slasher horror films. You enter a room again six or less. Door closes and you are left in the dark alone or are you? This was really good!
- Go through Fiesta Village maybe do a little dancing at Dia de Los Muertos or head to the next Skeleton Room ZoZo. This one seems hidden and hard to find. It is behind the carousel ride if you get lost. Again in a group of six or less you are invited into a spirit board session. These scare me as it is just looking at them. I won't give it away what happens, but you will scream and probably have nightmares.
- See the Headless Horseman as you make your way to the CarnEvil for two mazes: Dead of Winter and Shadow Lands
- Take a break and see Elvira Show or The Hanging: Finding Gory show. Both are really good shows!
- Now you can decide what path you want to take either head down to experience: Trick or Treat, VooDoo, Paranormal Inc. and Tooth Fairy which are right next to each other or go to kill zombies at Special Ops: Infected and Red Barn Maze which also has the last Skeleton Room Visions which you get a device that will help you identify and witness paranormal activity.
Hope I have helped to making your date night at Knott's Scary Farm! Let me know if you have any suggestions!