All I can say is WOW! We got a sneak peek at the soon to be opening family friendly destination coming here in our So Cal back yard March 2016! The Great Wolf Lodge is a year round indoor water park resort and so much more. Serving up first class service, entertainment and variety of amenities the entire family will enjoy all under one roof. It's a destination that will have you on site the entire duration of your trip. Read all about what the Lodge has to offer and see why we are so excited about it, I bet you will be too.
Accommodations: There are 8 different configurations from which to select from. Rooms Sleeping 4 as the Double suite does to as many as 8 in the Grand Bear suite. Accomidations with bunk beds are extra fun for the kids. These rooms have special animated features controlled by your children and a special Great Wolf Lodge wand, creating lighting effects, sounds and character movements.
- Family Suite – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Family Suite features two queen beds and a full sofa sleeper.
- Double Queen Suite – Sleeps up to 4 guests. The Double Queen Suite features two queen beds.
- Wolf Den Suite® – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Wolf Den features a queen bed, full sofa sleeper and a themed Wolf Den, complete with a set of bunk beds.
- KidCabin® Suite – Sleeps up to 7 guests. The KidCabin suite features a queen bed, full sofa sleeper and a Great Wolf Kids-themed KidCabin complete with bunk beds and a twin bed.
- Grizzly Bear Suite – Sleeps up to 8 guests. The Grizzly Bear Suite features two private bedrooms, one with a private master bedroom with a king bed and full bathroom and a second bedroom with two queen beds. The main area includes a full sleeper sofa and a second bathroom. Grand Bear Suite – Sleeps up to 8 guests.
- The Grand Bear Suite features a private master bedroom with a king bed and a full bathroom. The main area includes two queen beds, a full sofa sleeper and second bathroom.
- Great Bear Suite – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Great Bear Suite features two queen beds and a semi-private living room complete with a private master bedroom with queen bed.
- Great Bear King – Sleeps up to 6 guests. The Great Bear King Suite features two queen beds and a semi-private living room complete with a private master bedroom with king bed.
Dining: The lodge has several on site options that have you covered morning till night. With so many choices there will be something for everyone in the family.
- Lodge Wood Fired Grill® – Full service a la carte restaurant open for lunch and dinner with delectable shareables and unique signature items to create the perfect place to eat.
- Hungry as a Wolf® – Family meals on the go for lunch and dinner featuring fresh made pizza, sandwiches, salads and pasta.
- Bear Paw Sweets & Eats™ – Confectionary that offers a variety of treats, such as fresh-baked pastries, ice cream, lodge-made fudge and more.
- Buckets Incredible Craveables® – Located inside the water park, the casual menu offers burgers, hot dogs, French fries, cold beverages, ice cream and more.
- Loose Moose Family Kitchen – Open for breakfast and dinner, this buffet style restaurant has options for the entire family.
- Grizzly Jack’s Bar and Grill – Located by the outdoor water park and with a variety of food and drinks to choose from, this is the place to refuel for more fun in the sun.
- Dunkin’ Donuts® – America’s favorite all-day stop for coffee and baked goods, right in the resort.
In need of a special gift or forgot to pack a swimsuit? The Great Wolf Lodge has 3 different shops to choose from.
- Buckhorn Exchange™ Gift Shop – Remember a Great Wolf Lodge adventure by taking home the perfect souvenir.
- Bear Essentials™ Swim Shop – From flip flops to swimwear, Bear Essentials has it all and is conveniently located in the water park.
- Great Wolf Kids® Store – Find a Great Wolf Kids character on an assortment of apparel, toys, drinkware and more.
Entertainment and attractions are a huge part of your total experience at the Lodge.
- Character Appearances – Daily appearances with Wiley® the Wolf and Violet® the Wolf. Story Time – The entire family gathers in the Grand Lobby each evening to hear a story about the Great Wolf Kids characters before bedtime.
- Wolf Walk™ – Learn about the many animals and wildlife living in the Northwoods, and make an origami wolf to take home.
- MagiQuest® – Battle dragons, befriend a pixie and wave a magic wand in this live-action adventure game throughout the resort. The games features three unique chapters, each with their own challenges and quests.
- The Great Wolf Kids® Program – Daily activities for kids that take place around the resort, including dance parties, face painting and games such as Wiley bingo, character floor memory and character trivia.
- Howly Wood® XD Theater – This motion thrill ride transports riders directly into the movie action with every effect amplified creating an unforgettable experience.
- Howl at the Moon™ Mini Golf – 9-hole themed indoor miniature golf course.
- Northern Lights™ Arcade – More than 100 interactive video and redemption games that allow guests to redeem points for prizes.
- Scooops® Kid Spa – A unique spa created just for kids complete with ice cream-themed manicures, pedicures and more. Each service also includes a real ice cream treat.
- Ten Paw Alley™ – Family-style bowling with pint-sized bowling balls.
- Clubhouse Crew – Interactive scavenger hunt through the resort starring the Great Wolf Kids characters. Perfect experience for the resort’s youngest guests.
- Lazer Frenzy – Exciting arcade-style game with the latest in touch and LED technology. Players can see who is fastest as they dart between the “laser beams.”
And last but not least the Water Park! The 105,000 Square foot Indoor Water park is exclusive to the resorts guests. It just don't get much better than this!
- Fort Mackenzie® – Multi-level tree house water fort that combines suspension bridges, treetop slides, swinging cargo nets and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps one thousand gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers – Five three-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Wolf Tail™ – 360-degree thrill ride with a vertical plunge through a trapdoor into an enclosed tunnel. Howlin’ Tornado™ – Six-story funnel slide.
- River Canyon Run™ – A 476 foot long family raft ride.
- Alberta Falls® – Two four-story enclosed tube slides.
- Coyote Cannon – Pipe-style spiral flume ride with a 40’ drop.
- Mountain Edge Raceway® – Four-story water slide with body surfing mat allows riders to race one another as they slide down the hills.
- Whooping Hollow – Kiddie slides exclusively for guests under 48” tall.
- Slap Tail Pond® – Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove – Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and floating obstacles. Big Foot Pass – Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Crooked Creek – Winding lazy river. Cub Paw Pool – Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.
- Raccoon Lagoon® – Zero-depth entry pool extends the water park fun outdoors.
- Wolf Rider Wipeout – Double indoor surf simulator with ocean-like waves that reach five feet; perfect for kneeboarding and surfing.
There is also a massive conference center boasting over 20,000 square feet for meetings and banquets and has 12 separate rooms that are completely configurable. The ballroom alone is 10,000 square feet!
Along with the regularly scheduled entertainment and attractions at the Great Wolf Lodge, they also do month long seasonal events.
- Howl-O-Ween™ – October Family-friendly Halloween celebration all month long featuring: • Trick-or-Treat Trail • Spooktacular Story Time • Daily Costume Parade • Monster Bash Dance Party
- Snowland® – December The resort is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with: • Daily snow showers in the Grand Lobby • Special appearances by Santa Claus • Dine in the life-size Gingerbread House • North Pole University
Slated to open march of 2016, the Lodge is now taking reservations. If you book you stay now you can get a 25% discount, but you must book by September 30th 2015. Family suites start at $259.99 per night and that includes the exclusive use of the water park. Use Promo Code SOCAL, see site for details and restrictions at www.Greatwolf.com or call 1-888-960-WOLF (9653) for more info.