Since we gave the kids skiing lessons at Mt High the week before we decided this week we would try tubing at Mt High. This was our first time going and we had heard that it sells out so we decided to get there early. We had a blast! Watch video and then I will give you some tips!
Okay now that you have watched here are my tips!
- Plan to get there by 8am! Not only is drive your drive nicer with no traffic, but you will be one of the first on the tubes.
- If you don't get there early then check out their twitter which will keep you posted on sales. >>>
- Fill out forms, one per person downstairs inside. This will take some time if you have a large group.
- If you get there at a later time designate one parent to fill out the forms for the kids and then the other parent can wait in line or watch the kids outside and then sign theirs when done.
- Go to the bathroom before it starts! You don't want to stop in your time to go to the bathroom and the lines can get long. There is a bathroom upstairs and porter potties downstairs.
- Want to go fast or spin?
- Ask the attendant to make you go fast
- Ask the attendant to make you spin!
- I need to stress how important it is to go early on a warm day. The snow melts as it gets warmer and you will go slower.
- Scared about the speed?
- Don't worry Mt High lays carpet to slow guests down if they see that the lane is too fast.
- There are TWO lines. I saw most people wait on one line not knowing this.
- The attendant will hand you the tubes. Don't run to them as they will send you back in line. The hooks will be placed by the attendant at the launching area.
- If you have a child under 36" don't bother bringing them as there will not be allowed on and they do measure. There is also no snow play so they will be bored.
- If your child is between 36" and 42" they will be going with you on a separate tube hooked on to yours.
- If your child is over 42" they will be going alone. Make a plan on where to wait for each other after each run. We had our child wait for us at the top of the carpet ride.
After tubing we parked at Jackson Lake for some snow play and then went down to Phelan to the Forever Wild Exotic Animal Sanctuary. Stay tuned for that post!
So what tips do you have for Mt High Tubing?