This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
First lets go shopping! I went to Superior market to get all of my shopping for this recipe. They have everything I need for an authentic Mexican meal. Of course I bought chicharones while I was there, who can resist?
For the Chipotle Sauce:
- 1 cup of Mexican Crema
- 1 to 2 chipotles in adobo from La Morena
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Salt to Taste
For the Tacos de Papa (Potato Tacos):
- Corn Tortillas
- 5 Large Potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Oil for frying
- Queso Fresco or you can use any kind you like
Let's start with the sauce! It is super easy!
- Open the can of La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
- Take out a Chipotle Pepper and remove all the seeds from the inside
- Put everything in a food processor or blender and process until smooth
- Adjust the heat level by adding another Chipotle pepper from La Morena
- If you think it is too spicy then just add more Mexican Crema
- Put it in a bowl and place in the fridge, easy right!
You can use this sauce to top anything from fish to chicken.
Oh and before I forget, La Morena is giving away (5) $200 Visa Gift Cards! Let me know if you become one of the lucky winners!
Now for the Tacos de Papa (Potato Tacos)
1. Put potatoes in pot, add garlic if desired, cover with water and cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with fork (about 25 minutes)
2. Mash potatoes, add milk as you go along until you find the consistency you like
During Thanksgiving and Christmas I use leftover mashed potatoes
3. Warm up tortillas in the microwave so that they get soft
4. Take a tablespoon and put mashed potatoes in the tortilla
5. Add desired amount of cheese
6. Roll Tortilla or Fold in Half. I prefer the roll method
7. Add a toothpick to keep in place
8. Fry the tacos and let them drain on paper towels
Add Chipotle Sauce to plate then add the Potato Tacos. Top with Avocado, Lettice, Cheese, and anything you want! My dad loves LA Morena sliced green pickled Japapeno Peppers so every meal he has a side on his plate.
Now that I have shared my favorite meal for lent it is your turn to share. What is your favorite go to meal for lent?
Want to save this recipe? Click on the picture below to pin for later!