We were invited to the Aquarium of Pacific to check out the Sea Horses and Sea Dragons exhibit! They are such fascinating fishes! We went on a Tuesday after 3pm which is when all the groups and field trips leave and on a night that they had Discounted Late Night at Aquarium of Pacific in which they closed at 8pm. The boys and I loved the exhibit! The exhibit is located upstairs in the Tropical Reef Habitat. The exhibit will be at the Aquarium of Pacific from now until May 2017.
Cool facts about Sea Horses and Sea Dragons:
- The male sea horses have a pouch in their bellies that they carry the eggs.
- Sea Dragons can have up to 500 babies at a time where the Sea Horses can have up to 900 at a time!
- They are not strong swimmers
- They have very good camouflage, have your kids count how many they see
- They're eyes are like a chameleon so they move independently
- They do not have teeth, they use the snouts to suck in their food
- They can change color!
Check out the LIVE Cam of the Weedy Sea Dragons!
I liked that most of the exhibit was at the level of my child. I only had to carry him once to see the Sea Horses and Sea Dragons. Being here at a later time practically gave us the whole place to ourselves.